Dr. Andrew Wing Cheong Lee
Dr. Lee joined Argyle Associates in 2015 following clinical practice in Massachusetts. He has completed a fellowship in Oral/Head& Neck Surgery in the US. He is an active staff surgeon at the Ottawa Hospital and CHEO in Department of Surgery. He is currently a Lecturer at University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine. He has published in several OMFS textbooks and professional journals with particular interest in Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Ontario General/Specialty Dental
- Michigan Dental
- Massachusetts Dental
- Massachusetts Medical
- Fellow, The Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral/Head &Neck Ablative Oncologic Fellowship, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- DDS, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
- MSc, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto
- Hon. BSc, Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto
- Canadian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (CAOMS)
- Ontario Dental Association
- Ottawa Dental Society
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Massachusetts Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
Further Designations & Achievements
Carlson ER, Lee AW. Chapter 87 – Submandibular gland excision. Atlas of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. First Edition 2015. Edited by Kademani D and Tiwana P.
Carlson ER, Lee AW. Chapter 51 – Pectoralis major myocutaneous flap. Atlas of Operative Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. First Edition 2015. Edited by Haggerty CJ and Laughlin RM.
- Shum JW, Lee AW. Cavernous sinus thrombosis secondary to fracture of posterior maxillary sinus wall. Case report. N Y State Dent J. 2009 Aug-Sep;75(5):41-4.
- Lee AW, Li JH, Shi W, Li A, Ng E, Liu TJ, Klamut HJ, Liu FF. p16 gene therapy: a potentially efficacious modality for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2003 Oct;2(10):961-9.
- Li AA, Ng E, Shi W, Lee A, Chia M, Liu TJ, Huang D, O’Sullivan B, Gullane P, Liu FF. Potential efficacy of p16 gene therapy for EBV-positive nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2004 Jun 20;110(3):452-8.
- Makitie AA, MacMillan C, Ho J, Shi W, Lee A, O’Sullivan B, Payne D, Pintilie M, Cummings B, Waldron J, Warde P, Irish J, Brown D, Gilbert R, Gullane P, Liu FF, Kamel-Reid S. Loss of p16 expression has prognostic significance in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jun;9(6):2177-84.
- Senadheera MD, Lee AW, Hung DC, Spatafora GA, Goodman SD, Cvitkovitch DG. The Streptococcus mutans vicX gene product modulates gtfB/C expression, biofilm formation, genetic competence, and oxidative stress tolerance. J Bacteriol. 2007 Feb;189(4):1451-8.
- 2013 Harvard School of Dental Medicine/ Iwate Medical University, Boston, MA
- Human Papillomavirus & Oral Cancer
- 2013 University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- Secondary Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT) findings in Head and Neck cancer patients
- 2011 Jamaica Hospital Medical Center – Trauma conference, Queens, NY
- Mandibular Fractures
- 2010 The 92nd AAOMS meeting Abstract Presentation, Chicago, IL
- “TMJ Arthroscopy Office vs Operating Room – is there a difference?”
- 2007 The New York Institute of Clinical Oral Pathology (NYICOP) Presentation –
- Bisphosphonate Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
- 2000-2002 Graduate Thesis project (Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, U of T);
- Supervisor: Dr. Fei-Fei Liu; p16 cancer gene therapy: a potential therapeutic modality in nasopharyngeal carcinoma
- 2002 Abstract presentation at Radiation Research Conference, Reno, NV