An OMFS is trained to diagnose and treat many diseases, injuries, and defects of the teeth, mouth, jaw, head, and neck.
All OMFSs undergo mandatory anesthesia training in a hospital-based setting. This makes them unique among the many dental and surgical specialties. Our surgeons and staff are pleased to offer the complete range of anaesthesia options to our patients.
All the surgeons at Argyle Associates have hospital privileges in the Ottawa region. This allows us to treat patients in a hospital-based setting when necessary. We can therefore provide care for a variety of complex injuries and conditions, including urgent care and trauma. In addition to their work in our 4 offices, our surgeons are all actively engaged in the hospitals, providing urgent care for a variety of complex injuries and conditions.
An OMFS diagnoses and surgically treats these conditions:
Learn about the procedures we perform at Argyle Associates.
Why Dentists Refer Patients to OMFS
Dentists refer their patients to us for many reasons. Trust and overall quality of care are at the top of the list. Removing wisdom teeth and placing dental implants are two of the most common surgical procedures that we perform.
- We are highly skilled, educated, and experienced in handling complex procedures and conditions related to the face, mouth, and jaws.
- As a large group of surgeons with nursing staff and multiple locations, we are generally able to schedule surgeries and postoperative visits quickly.
- We support your dentist or family physician when they require additional surgical support to manage surgical complications. Due to the extent of our experience in and focus on surgery, we can perform the procedure efficiently and with minimal complications.
- We offer the full range of anaesthesia options. This includes, local anaesthesia (freezing), nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”), oral sedation, intravenous (IV) conscious and deep sedation, and general anaesthesia.
- We can treat patients in private clinic or a hospital-based setting.