These are the most common questions that patients ask us.
The video to the right provides some quick answers. Or, you can read below for more detailed responses to common questions.
All patients require a consultation with the surgeon prior to booking surgery or procedure at Argyle Associates.
This allows our surgeons to properly plan your surgical care. Many variables, such as health history and surgical difficulty, can affect your overall treatment plan. We want to make you are as comfortable as possible throughout your entire visit, and our consultations allow us to make this possible!
If you have any questions or want to book a consultation with one of our trained dental professionals, contact us today.
Yes, there is a fee for the consultation.
Additional fees may apply if:
- You do not have x-rays from your dentist (we will take them)
- The x-rays you do have are poor in quality (we will retake them)
- A CBCT scan is required (we may take these images, or we may refer you to Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology to have these scans taken)
During your consultation, the surgeon will discuss all the above fees with you and provide you with an accurate estimate of the cost of your treatment. Contact our team if you have any further questions about our consultation process.
The length of your consultation varies depending on the surgery you are getting, your health and medical history and more. Consultations with our dental professionals usually take 45-75 minutes, this includes time for:
- Meeting with the surgeon
- Billing and fee estimates
- Scheduling future appointments
Contact Argyle Associates if you have any further questions about our consultations.
This helps us ensure an efficient check-in process. Depending on your situation, there may be some specific paperwork we need you to complete prior to speaking with our dental professionals. Arriving early allows us to ensure a smooth and efficient experience for all of our patients.
If you have any questions about your upcoming consultation, contact our office.
Yes. All of our Ottawa clinics have a free parking lot.
- Barrhaven: Our Barrhaven clinic is located on the corner of Strandherd and Woodroffe with plenty of free parking. There are also 2 accessible parking spots available.
- Orleans & Surgicentre East: Our clinic in Orleans is located just off of St. Joseph Blvd and has a free parking lot with 2 spots for accessible parking.
- Carling & Surgicentre West: Our Carling location is near the intersection of Carling and Woodroffe with plenty of parking spaces, including several accessible parking spots.
- Kanata: Our Kanata clinic is located across from Kanata Centrum, with a large parking lot and a number of accessible parking spots.
Contact one of our clinics if you have any further questions.
As surgical specialists, we strive to be punctual with your appointment. Sometimes, emergencies and unique surgical situations may lead to unavoidable delays.
Our team will do our best to update you when these situations arise, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or need to re-book your consultation, contact our clinic.
To be prepared for your consultation, please bring the following paperwork, documents, etc. to your initial consultation:
- Your dental insurance information or forms
- Your health card or driver’s licence
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Dental program cards or stubs
- The referral note from your dentist, if you were given one
- Any x-rays your dentist has given you
If you still have questions about what you need to bring to your consultation, contact our office, we would be happy to clarify.
No, we don’t. We are happy to send electronic claims and pre-determinations to your insurance company if this option is available to you. Otherwise, your pre-determination has to be faxed or mailed to your insurance company. This will tell you what is and is not covered by your insurance provider.
We will also send electronic claims on your behalf whenever possible. Most insurance companies will reimburse you within a week (5-7 days) of receiving the electronic submission. Whether your insurance company covers the service, you must pay for it in full on the day of your surgery.
At Argyle Associates, we accept the following methods of payment:
- Certified cheque
- Cash (please bring exact amount)
If you have any further questions about payment methods, please contact our office.
Yes. We will need any panoramic (PAN) and periapical (PA) x-rays that your dentist has taken.
You may bring these with you. Or, your dentist can send them to us in these ways:
- Online via our Referral Form
- By email to: email@example.com
- By mail to: 750 Taylor Creek Dr. Orleans, Ontario K4A 0Z9 (we will digitize them and send them to your surgeon/appointment location)
If you have any questions about getting us your dental x-rays, please contact our office.
Yes, we will. We have an automated confirmation service that notifies you via phone, email and/or text. If you provide us with your email address and/or cellular phone number, we will send an email and/or text 7 days before your appointment.
- The email will remind you of the date, time and location of your booking and allow you to confirm your appointment.
- The text message will remind you of the date and time and allow you to confirm your appointment
- If you opt out of the email/text option, you will receive a voice call 2 business days in advance to confirm your appointment.
Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns about appointment notifications.