Our Dental Procedures
At Argyle Associates we provide a full range of oral and maxillofacial procedures in Ottawa. We diagnose and treat many diseases, injuries, and defects of the teeth, mouth, jaws, head, and neck. We are also able to provide complete anaesthesia care, including general anaesthesia. Argyle is one of the top dental practices in all of Ottawa, according to user ratings on RateMDs.
Whether you are a referring dental clinic or a patient seeking treatment, find the right dental procedure and get in touch with us to set up an appointment.
Education and Training
In order to become an Oral and maxillofacial surgeon, it requires rigorous academic and clinical training to develop the knowledge and skills needed to diagnose and treat complex oral and facial conditions. These positions require more education than just the completion of dental schooling. This includes:
- Four years of dental school
- Three to six additional years of training in surgery, medicine, and anesthesia
- Some OMFS are also Medical Doctors and/or have additional post-residency subspecialty fellowship training
Why Have I Been Referred To An Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Being referred to an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon can be slightly intimidating. You may be wondering why you need to see a specialist or how severe your particular scenario is. Believe it or not, oral and maxillofacial surgeries are very common and a necessary part of dental and medical care.
There is a multitude of reasons why you may need the expertise of an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. A few common scenarios that require referrals can include:
- Wisdom teeth removals
- Jaw surgery
- Teeth extraction complications
- Bone grafting
- Dental implants
- and much much more
All the surgeons at Argyle Associates have hospital privileges in the Ottawa region. This allows us to treat patients in a hospital-based setting when necessary.
We can therefore provide care for a variety of complex injuries and conditions, including urgent care and trauma. In addition to their work in our 4 offices, our surgeons are all actively engaged in the hospitals, providing urgent care for a variety of complex injuries and conditions.
Services we provide
Why Dentists Refer Patients to OMFS
- Dentists refer their patients to us for many reasons. Trust and overall quality of care are at the top of the list. Removing wisdom teeth and placing dental implants are two of the most common surgical procedures that we perform.
- We are highly skilled, educated, and experienced in handling complex procedures and conditions related to the face, mouth, and jaws. As a large group of surgeons with nursing staff and multiple locations, we are generally able to schedule surgeries and postoperative visits quickly.
- We support your dentist or family physician when they require additional surgical support to manage surgical complications. Due to the extent of our experience in and focus on surgery, we can perform the procedure efficiently and with minimal complications.
- We offer the full range of anaesthesia options. This includes, local anaesthesia (freezing), nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”), oral sedation, intravenous (IV) conscious and deep sedation, and general anaesthesia. We can treat patients in private clinic or a hospital-based setting.