Pre-Operation Surgical Instructions
Getting Your Prescription(s) After the
Wisdom Tooth Removal
Anyone getting prescription narcotic or controlled substance medication in Ontario is required to provide identification to their health care provider in order to receive the prescription.
This is being done to help reduce the misuse, addiction, unlawful activities and deaths related to these medications.
Anyone prescribed a narcotic or controlled substance medication in Ontario.
Your health care provider can advise you if any medications you are taking are on the list. For a complete list of all affected medications, please go to ontario.ca/narcoticsstrategy
Provide identification to your health care provider when being prescribed a narcotic or controlled substance medication. You will need to provide the same identification to your pharmacist in order to receive your medication.
If someone is picking up a prescription for you (e.g., a family member), this person will also be required to provide ID with their name and address to the pharmacy. It is important to note that designating a representative to pick up a drug is only allowed if the patient has provided a valid ID on the prescription.
Your information will be used to monitor the prescribing and dispensing activity for prescription narcotics and controlled substances to promote awareness of appropriate prescribing, dispensing and use.
Your privacy is important to us. The ministry has policies and procedures in place to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Learn more at ontario.ca/privacy.
- Ontario Health Card or other health card issued by a province or territory in Canada
- Valid Driver’s License (issued by Ontario or other jurisdiction)
- Ontario Photo Card
Birth Certificate from Canadian province or territory
- Government-issued Employee Identification Card
- Ontario Outdoors Card
- BYID (age of majority card)
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Valid Passport – Canadian or other country
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Canadian Immigration ID Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Old Age Security (OAS) ID Card
- Canadian Armed Forces ID Card
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police/Provincial/Municipal Police Identification
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
Our Oral Surgeons in Ottawa
At Argyle & Associates Barrhaven you will be provided with industry-leading service by Ottawa’s top-rated surgeons on RateMDs.
- Dr. Adam M. Irvine CD1, BEng, DMD, FRCD(C), Diplomate ABOMS
- Dr. Andrew Wing Cheong Lee MSc., DDS, MD, FRCD(C), Diplomate ABOMS
- Dr. Taylor P. McGuire DDS, MSc, FRCD (C), Diplomate ABOMS
- Dr. Kevin J. Butterfield BSc, DDS, MD, FRCD(C), Dip.ABOMS, FACS
- Dr. Hassan G. Moghadam DDS, MSc, FRCD(C)
- Dr. H. Richard Biewald CCS, FRCD(C)
- Dr. Samuel P. Kucey (Retired) DDS, FRCD(C), Diplomate ABOMS
If you wish to receive more information or book an appointment, please contact us.
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible.
Get In Touch
Visit one of our Ottawa locations today!
Phone: (613) 778-8888
Fax: (613) 778-8889
4.5 Star Rating out of over 1,500 patient reviews
Our Patient Services Department is open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm & Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm.