The Initial Consultation
When you first contact Argyle Associates, either through the website or by calling us, we’ll book the initial consultation for you.
This appointment typically lasts between 45-75 minutes. That covers checking in, paperwork, x-rays and imaging, surgical consult, billing estimates and scheduling your next appointments.
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time, to help ensure a smoother check-in process.
My Dentist Referred Me – Why Do I Need a Consultation?
What Kinds of Topics Will We Talk About in the Consultation?
All patients require consultation with one of our oral surgeons prior to booking your surgery appointment.
Even if you were referred by your dentist, our surgeon will need to see you in person, to have a chat and better plan the wisdom tooth removal.
The consultation appointment allows our surgeons to:
- Discuss your dental & oral health situation
- Take into account several variables, such as your personal & family health history and any surgeries you may have had previously
- Assess any factor(s) that could have an impact on your overall treatment plan
- Plan your surgical and post-op care
What Do I Need to Bring to the Initial Consultation Appointment?
- Your dental insurance information
- Your health card or driver’s licence
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Dental program cards or stubs
- The referral note from your dentist, if you were given one
- Any X-rays your dentist has given you
How Long Is the Wait for a Consultation? How Long After That Do I Need to Wait for the Wisdom Tooth Removal?
Wait times for bookings can vary from clinic to clinic and depending on timing such as seasonality or periods of higher demand. Typically, we’re booking consultations a week or two out.
When you call, we’ll let you know when the soonest available appointment is, and we will be glad to get you booked in ASAP and at the day & time that best fits your schedule.
Have Questions For Us?
The consultation is a great opportunity to get answers. We want you to be as comfortable as you can be when you come back for wisdom tooth removal. Many patients find that, by familiarizing themselves with the clinic, the staff and the procedure, they are more comfortable going into the wisdom tooth removal as there is less fear of the unknown.