About Your First Visit
Contact us for bookings and inquiries
What to Expect During Your First Visit
If this is your first time choosing Argyle Associates for your oral surgery in Ottawa, here’s what you can expect. Your first visit will be a consultation. This is your chance to meet your surgeon, learn more about your surgery and ask any questions about the procedure or fees. This will also be our chance to review your medical and dental history and take any x-rays needed. The purpose of this appointment is to make sure you’re feeling comfortable about your procedure and to ensure our team is fully prepared for the day of the surgery. This consultation usually lasts between 45 and 75 mins, please arrive 15 mins early to check-in.
You’ll meet with one of our Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons to
discuss your procedure. During this meeting, you can expect to:
• Learn more about your diagnosis
• Learn about your treatment options
• Have your questions answered
• Have your x-rays taken (if required)
• When you arrive, check-in with our staff.
They ask you to provide them with a piece of ID and give you
forms to complete before seeing the surgeon. After your
consultation, you’ll be charged a consultation fee and an x-ray fee
(if any were taken), and you’ll receive an accurate cost estimate for
To ensure a smooth experience, bring the following items to your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip (from your dentist or doctor)
- Any x-rays your doctor or dentist may have provided to you
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- Any necessary insurance forms, if you have medical or dental insurance
- Your dental insurance forms
- A piece of government official ID.
Some surgeries can be performed on the same day as your first visit. This is usually reserved for minor surgeries that are not complex.
Certain treatment plans are complex and some patients have a complicated medical history. For these patients, we schedule a second appointment for surgery. This way, our team has adequate time to review and prepare for your surgery. Any patients undergoing IV anaesthesia or general anaesthesia much have a pre-operative consultation and physical examination.
Our Experienced Oral Surgeons in Ottawa
At Argyle & Associates Barrhaven you will be provided with industry-leading service by Ottawa’s top-rated surgeons on RateMDs.
- Dr. Adam M. Irvine CD1, BEng, DMD, FRCD(C), Diplomate ABOMS
- Dr. Andrew Wing Cheong Lee MSc., DDS, MD, FRCD(C), FACS
- Dr. Taylor P. McGuire BSc, DDS, MSc, FRCD(C), Diplomate ABOMS, FACS
- Dr. Kevin J. Butterfield BSc, DDS, MD, FRCD(C), Dip.ABOMS, FACS
- Dr. Hassan G. Moghadam DDS, MSc, FRCD(C)
- Dr. Ian Buckley CD1, BSC, DDS, FRCD (C)
Looking into what you’ll want to do before your oral surgery?